A wireless Router performs both as gateway joining your PC and the high-speed modem&as a wireless access point that permits the wireless devices, like a laptop, to connect to the network. Netgear supplies various types of wireless routers, each offering numerous ranges and options for business and home users. Before you can use the Netgear wireless router, you must connect the device using Ethernet cables and configure the router’s settings. For getting more info and tips on the same, you can call the experts at the Netgear customer support number easily.
Basic steps to be followed:
- Connect the high-speed modem to the Netgear wireless router with an Ethernet cable. Now turn off & unplug the high-speed modem’s power before connecting the device to the wireless router. Just plug the Ethernet cable from the high-speed modem into the ‘Internet’ port on the back of the Netgear wireless router. This port is situated next to the wireless router’s power port & is designated by a green color.
- Connect your PC and the Netgear wireless router with an Ethernet cable. Shut down the PC before linking it to the wireless router. Plug on end of the short, blue Ethernet cable that came with the Netgear wireless router in the PC’s Ethernet jack. Now, just plug the added end of the cable into a LAN port on the back of the wireless router. Your wireless router will have various numbered LAN ports, chosen by a yellow color. It does not matter which LAN port you use.
- Now, turn on every device in order. Firstly, just power up the high-speed modem, and then wait at least 2 minutes. Ensure that the high-speed status indicators reveal that it has successfully connected to the ISP’s server. Next, just plug the Netgear AC power adapter into the Netgear wireless router & a power outlet. The AC power adapter plugs into the black colored port named as ‘Power.’ Finally, turn on the computer.
- In the address bar of the Web browser, type the wireless router’s address. Press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard once you have typed in the address.
- Now, add the default username& password. After inserting the wireless router’s URL, a dialog box will come up requiring you to enter a password and a username. The textboxes usually are case sensitive, so it is essential that you use lower-case letters.
- At last, follow the ‘Setup Wizard’ guidelines. Once you log in to a router, a Setup Wizard will load &request if you want to detect the Internet type. Click on the ‘Yes’ radio button and then click on ‘Next.’ Once you have completed the wizard, the configuration is complete, and you can access the Wes using the wireless router.
If the steps do not help you in getting the solution, you can directly dial the Netgear customer support number for some valuable suggestions. With it, you can also search the web for online directories as well. One of the most liked is the Contactforservice that includes the phone numbers of the famous brands for the US and Canada users.